1987 Floral Organza Gown
Majestic floral gown with well thought out unique floral appliqués by Eugene Alexander from 1987. Featured at an exhibit at Goshen College where Eugene Stutzman, one of the founders of Eugene Alexander had graduated.
- Vibrant structured satin ball gown
- Circa 1987
- Black base, leaf green, lime green, teal, sky blue, golden orange, sunshine yellow, magenta pink, violet
- Relaxed gathered chiffon black bodice area
- Diagonal ruched gathered bodice
- Bodice features strong five 3D flower leaf bouquet
- Architectural tulle-lined skirt fold adds volume
- Sheer black floral chiffon shell overlayed on green liner
- Chiffon floral sewn appliqués
- Black velvet trim along certain floral print
- Black tulle-lined skirt, black inner liner
- Strapless style, sweetheart neckline
- Right side zipper, hook-and-eye closure
- Satin, chiffon, tulle, acetate, no fabric contents
- Eugene Alexander label, Made in USA
- Very good vintage condition
- Estimated Size: XS/S / 2-4 (marked 8)
- Photos from the Eugene Alexander Collection Exhibit here!
Length (Waist to Hem): 37.5"
Floral 3D Appliqué (LxW): 10" x 8"
Please note that garment specs are the total measurement in inches, taken flat from the outside face unless noted otherwise. Please be sure to leave enough allowance for ease of movement and comfort, especially when considering the fit of a lined jacket or coat. We recommend comparing against measurements of clothing with which you are familiar with the fit. Check out these this great tutorial if you are unsure how to measure your garments: Illustrated Measuring Guide
Please read all descriptions and measurements, and purchase carefully. Due to the unique nature of vintage items, all sales are final.
Bent Knee Mannequin
-Inseam (to ankle): 32"
Extended Leg Mannequin
-Inseam (to ankle): 33"
*Recess is not responsible for incurred customs fees or packages lost in the mail. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of your purchase date with any issues or inquiries regarding your delivery.
**Some items, especially those purchased via Instagram, may be excluded from our shipping promotion and shipping will be charged at current carrier rates due to oversized, fragile, or odd-sized packaging and materials.**
We offer local in-store pickup for purchases made online. Customers who have selected local pickup will be notified via email when the item is ready for pickup during business hours.