Recess is a consignment store carrying current and vintage women's clothing and accessories in Los Angeles. While we focus on designer brands, we do appreciate non-designer vintage items that have a unique cut, details, or print. We also love vintage costume jewelry and millinery, and are constantly on the hunt. Scroll down to see our consignment policy. Interested in consigning with us? Drop us a line!
COVID-19 Consignment Updates:
We thank you for your patience as we navigate consignments while maintaining proper social distancing. You choose the way you consign with us!
We are still accepting consignments on a drop-in basis, no appointments necessary. We are limiting our staff to one in-store consignment review at a time, done while wearing a mask and gloves. If you arrive while a consignment is in progress, we ask that you please wait outside of the store or in your car with your items, and we will contact you via phone or text to let you know when we are ready for you. Click here to see our Covid-19 Updates & prepare for your visit.
Don't feel like leaving home? We got you! Schedule a video appointment with us! Please email email@example.com to request an appointment slot.
Don't feel like changing out of your PJs? Email photos of your proposed consignment to firstname.lastname@example.org!
EARN UP TO 60% OF YOUR ITEM’S SELLING PRICE
- Women's Fashion
- Vintage Costume Jewelry
- Soft Accessories (scarves, gloves, etc)
- Lightly Worn Footwear
- We accept consignments every day, no appointment necessary
- We accept seasonal items that are clean and in excellent condition, however exceptions may be made on seasonal items
- We prefer you bring your items on hangers
- Any item may be returned, if after further inspection we determine it is not suitable for sale
- Consignors receive 50% of the final selling price
- For merchandise priced at $1000 or higher, as determined by us, you will receive 60% of the selling price
- Items will be held for a 90 day period and we will email you to reclaim your unsold items, which you have 14 days to pick up
- If you do not reclaim your items, they will become the sole property of Recess and may be donated to a charity of our choice
- Advanced notice is required if you need to reclaim any consigned items before the end of your 90 day contract
- In some instances, we may discount up to 15% in order to make the sale
- You may accumulate store credit for items sold which may be used towards purchases at Recess
- Payouts are made the first and fifteenth business day of every month
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage to your consigned merchandise
- All sales are final, no returns or exchanges
Can't make it to our store with your haul? We do house calls! A Recess consignment team will personally come out to your location within the United States if your request is approved. To request a house call, please submit the consignment inquiry form below. We will get back to you shortly.
Alternatively, you can also email email@example.com with 10-15 pictures of your consignment with the subject line "House Call", and we will get back to you shortly. Thank you!