Recess is a consignment store carrying vintage and contemporary women's clothing, accessories, and home decor located on La Brea and 1st St. While we focus on designer brands, we do appreciate non-designer vintage items that have a unique cut, details, print, or style. Interested in consigning with us? Drop us a line! Please scroll down to see our consignment policy.
COVID-19 Consignment Updates:
We thank you for your patience as we navigate consignments while maintaining proper social distancing. You choose the way you consign with us!
We accept consignments on a drop-in basis, no appointments necessary. We are limiting our staff to one in-store consignment review at a time. If you arrive while a consignment is in progress, we ask that you please wait outside of the store or in your car with your items, and we will contact you via phone or text to let you know when we are ready for you.
Click here to see our Covid-19 Updates and prepare for your visit.
Don't feel like changing out of your PJs? Email photos of your proposed consignment along with item list to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Don't feel like leaving home? Have too many pieces to photograph? We've got you! Schedule a video appointment with us. Please email email@example.com to request an appointment slot along with a designer/item list and a few sample photos.
Can't make it to our store with your haul? We do house calls! A Recess consignment team will personally come out to your location within the United States if your request is approved. To request a house call, please submit the consignment inquiry form above. We will get back to you shortly. An approval and minimum of 50 clothing/accessory pieces and/or 25 home decor pieces is required for a house call.
Alternatively, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with photos of your consignment proposal with the subject line "House Call", and we will get back to you shortly. Thank you!
EARN UP TO 60% OF YOUR ITEM’S SELLING PRICE
- Vintage Costume Jewelry
- Soft Accessories (scarves, gloves, etc)
- Lightly Worn Footwear
- Tabletop (glassware, serviceware, etc)
- Home Decor (bookends, sculptures, vases, mirrors, etc)
- Lighting Fixtures (chandeliers, lamps, scones, etc)
- Selective Furniture (side tables, stools, chairs, etc)
- We accept consignments every day, no appointment necessary
- We accept seasonal items that are clean and in excellent condition, however exceptions may be made on seasonal items
- We prefer you bring your items on hangers
- Any item may be returned, if after further inspection we determine it is not suitable for sale
- Consignors receive 50% of the final selling price
- For merchandise priced at $1000 or higher, as determined by us, you will receive 60% of the selling price
- Items will be held for a 90 day period and we will email you to reclaim your unsold items, which you have 14 days to pick up
- If you do not reclaim your items, they will become the sole property of Recess and may be donated to a charity of our choice
- Advanced notice is required if you need to reclaim any consigned items before the end of your 90 day contract
- In some instances, we may discount up to 15% in order to make the sale
- You may accumulate store credit for items sold which may be used towards purchases at Recess
- Payouts are made the first and fifteenth business day of every month
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage to your consigned merchandise
- All sales are final, no returns or exchanges