1989 Abstract Flame Sculpture Necklace
A sculptural work of art is this necklace by Jean-Claude Bonillo. A French designer who draws his inspiration from the nature surrounding it, so that its sculpted forms evoke almost always the four elements, revealed by fire. A true multidisciplinary artist, jewelry designer, and a brilliant sculptor. He has collaborated with Haute Couture designers such as Yves Saint-Laurent and Nina Ricci. His work is also included in the permanent collection at the National Archives in France.
- Complex and intricate statement drape pendant necklace
- Circa 1989, signed
- Bonillo’s jewelry are the result of his fascination and love for the art of fire, fusion, and the work of forging.
- Inspired by flames and organic movements of fire
- Gorgeous wabi-sabi organic swirls and links
- End drop pendant sway with movement
- Pendant to pendant crafted connection
- Choker style, self-necklace hook clasp
- 24 carat plated on bronze we believe, based off his past work
- Jean-Claude Bonillo label, signed pendant back
- Very good vintage condition, light wear/minor tarnishing throughout, does not take away from the uniqueness and beauty of the piece.
- Check out the New York City curated exhibition here
- Check out the choker version here
Length (End-to-End): 16"
Length (Center Drop): 9"
Width (Necklace Stem): 0.18"
Width (Widest Point): 4"
Please note that garment specs are the total measurement in inches, taken flat from the outside face unless noted otherwise. Please be sure to leave enough allowance for ease of movement and comfort, especially when considering the fit of a lined jacket or coat. We recommend comparing against measurements of clothing with which you are familiar with the fit. Check out these this great tutorial if you are unsure how to measure your garments: Illustrated Measuring Guide
Please read all descriptions and measurements, and purchase carefully. Due to the unique nature of vintage items, all sales are final.
Bent Knee Mannequin
-Inseam (to ankle): 32"
Extended Leg Mannequin
-Inseam (to ankle): 33"
*Recess is not responsible for incurred customs fees or packages lost in the mail. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of your purchase date with any issues or inquiries regarding your delivery.*
**Some items, especially those purchased via Instagram, may be excluded from our shipping promotion and shipping will be charged at current carrier rates due to oversized, fragile, or odd sized packaging and materials.**
We offer local in-store pickup for purchases made online. Customers who have selected local pickup will be notified via email when the item is ready for pickup during business hours.