1983 Gathered Sequin Drop Waist Dress
Timeless drop-waisted gown with a 40's-inspired film noir silhouette by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche as photographed for Vogue in 1983 by Helmut Newton.
- Film noir-inspired dress with with long gathered drop waist
- Circa 1983
- Long, lean fit-and-flare silhouette
- Deep navy thick satin backed crepe, iridescent midnight purple sequins
- Elasticized lines of sequins hugging the full torso length, underbust to hip
- Pullover style with V-neck opening
- Padded shoulders with short tulip sleeves
- We believe to be rayon crepe, no fabric contents
- Saint Laurent Rive Gauche label, made in France
- Excellent vintage condition
- Estimated size: Small/4-6
Waist: 22" (expands to 26")
Length (High Point Shoulder to Bottom Waist): 26.5"
Length (Bottom Waist to Hem): 31"
Length (Center Back to Hem): 57"
Sleeve Length: ~9"
Please note that garment specs are the total measurement in inches, taken flat from the outside face unless noted otherwise. Please be sure to leave enough allowance for ease of movement and comfort, especially when considering the fit of a lined jacket or coat. We recommend comparing against measurements of clothing with which you are familiar with the fit. Check out these this great tutorial if you are unsure how to measure your garments: Illustrated Measuring Guide
Please read all descriptions and measurements, and purchase carefully. Due to the unique nature of vintage items, all sales are final.
Bent Knee Mannequin
-Inseam (to ankle): 32"
Extended Leg Mannequin
-Inseam (to ankle): 33"
as of 11/2/2021
*Recess is not responsible for incurred customs fees or packages lost in the mail. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of your purchase date with any issues or inquiries regarding your delivery.*
**Some items, especially those purchased via Instagram, may be excluded from our shipping promotion and shipping will be charged at current carrier rates due to oversized, fragile, or odd sized packaging and materials.**
Please visit UPS.com for the most recent service updates.
We will be offering local in-store pickup for purchases made online starting June 17, 2020. Customers who have selected curbside pickup will be notified via email when the item is ready for same-day pickup during business hours.