1983 S/S "Hommage A Matisse" Top & Skirt Set
- Geometric two piece top and skirt set
- From the 1983 Spring/Summer "Hommage A Matisse" collection
- Yves Saint Laurent's relationship to art is often referred to as a dialogue of art tributes to various artists he admires.
- Matisse's "paper cutouts" are suggested by the bold and bright shape motifs decorating this ensemble
- Green, blue, purple, violet, red, white, black
- Top: short sleeve button up
- Sweetheart neckline
- Cinch gathered shoulders
- Tulle lined shoulders
- Puffy mid-length sleeves
- Five honeycomb print shank buttons
- Contrasting black edge trim
- Fully lined, A-line silhouette
- Skirt: tailored pleated skirt
- Flat front waistline
- Two hip slash pockets
- Invisible sewn hemline
- Below the knee length, straight silhouette
- Side zipper, hook-and-tab closure
- Reference #: 01C 33 023 & 01C 04 151
- Exterior: 100% Viscose, Lining: 55% Acetate, 45% Cupro
- Saint Laurent Rive Gauche label, Made in France
- Very good vintage condition, skirt waistband has a few marks
- Estimated Size: Top: M/L / 6-8 (marked 36)
Skirt: S/M / 2-6 (marked 40)
Length (Center Back): 19"
Sleeve Length: 14"
Sleeve Opening: 10"
Length (Center Back): 26.5"
Please note that garment specs are the total measurement in inches, taken flat from the outside face unless noted otherwise. Please be sure to leave enough allowance for ease of movement and comfort, especially when considering the fit of a lined jacket or coat. We recommend comparing against measurements of clothing with which you are familiar with the fit. Check out these this great tutorial if you are unsure how to measure your garments: Illustrated Measuring Guide
Please read all descriptions and measurements, and purchase carefully. Due to the unique nature of vintage items, all sales are final.
Bent Knee Mannequin
-Inseam (to ankle): 32"
Extended Leg Mannequin
-Inseam (to ankle): 33"
All items are final sale
Items are sold in condition depicted. Items are shipped in as-is condition. Once the item leaves our possession we are no longer responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
*Recess is not responsible for incurred customs fees or packages lost in the mail. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of your purchase date with any issues or inquiries regarding your delivery.
**Some items, especially those purchased via Instagram, may be excluded from our shipping promotion and shipping will be charged at current carrier rates due to oversized, fragile, or odd-sized packaging and materials.**
We offer local in-store pickup for purchases made online. Customers who have selected local pickup will be notified via email when the item is ready for pickup during business hours.