Recess is a consignment store carrying contemporary and vintage women's clothing and accessories located on La Brea and 1st St. While we focus on designer brands, we do appreciate non-designer vintage items that have a unique cut, details, or print. We have a soft spot for vintage costume jewelry and millinery, and are constantly on the hunt.
- We accept consignments every day, no appointment necessary
- We accept seasonal items that are clean and in excellent condition, however exceptions may be made on seasonal items
- We prefer you bring your items on hangers
- Any item may be returned, if after further inspection we determine it is not suitable for sale
- Consignors receive 50% of the final selling price
- For merchandise priced at $1000 or higher, as determined by us, you will receive 60% of the selling price
- Items will be held for a 90 day period and we will email you to reclaim your unsold items, which you have 14 days to pick up
- If you do not reclaim your items, they will become the sole property of Recess and may be donated to a charity of our choice
- Advanced notice is required if you need to reclaim any consigned items before the end of your 90 day contract
- In some instances, we may discount up to 15% in order to make the sale
- You may accumulate store credit for items sold which may be used towards purchases at Recess
- Payouts are made the first and fifteenth business day of every month
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage to your consigned merchandise
- All sales are final, no returns or exchanges
Can't make it to our store with your haul? We do house calls! A Recess consignment team will personally come out to your location within the United States if your request is approved. To request a house call, please submit the consignment inquiry form below. We will get back to you shortly.
Alternatively, you can also email email@example.com with 10-15 pictures of your consignment with the subject line "House Call", and we will get back to you shortly. Thank you!